LAST UPDATED 05.03.2019
Information about MONEYBITE
Moneybite Ltd is registered in Malta
CRN C 86493
Level 2, Ennglad,
Moneybite is a Business to Business Provider, and does not deal with personal individuals for business purposes other than in exceptional cases.
The purposes and legal basis for processing, including legitimate interests
We only process Personal Information when we have a legal basis for the processing, as follows:
- To comply with our anti-money laundering and know your customer laws applicable to us in Malta and in Europe;
- To fulfill a contract with you, where Moneybite is acting as a payment processor;
- For closely-related purposes, such as payment processing and financial account management, contract management, website administration, business continuity and disaster recovery, security and fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance,
- With your consent (or provided you have not objected, or opted-out, as may be appropriate under applicable law), to provide you with marketing communications, or,
- To comply with the laws that are applicable to us around the world, including law enforcement requests regarding activity on the use of
We may also process your Personal Information for the purposes of our own legitimate interests or for the legitimate interests of others, provided that processing does not and shall not outweigh your rights and freedoms. In particular, we will process your Personal Information as needed to:
- Protect you, us or others from security, risk or fraud as may be required to maintain the integrity of our services, our banking, and financial institution and other relationships in order to provide you with a good service;
- Enable or administer our business, such as for quality control, and customer service,
- Manage corporate transactions, such as mergers or acquisitions, and
- Understand and improve our business or customer relationships generally.
Providing MONEYBITE information
You are not required by law to provide any Personal Information to Moneybite. For example, you always decide whether to participate in Moneybite promotions or to use Moneybite services. You are required to provide certain Personal Information to enable us to enter into a contract with you so that you can use our products and services or participate in promotions. Our registration forms indicate which data elements are required for our contracts. In such cases, Moneybite collects and stores the data provided by you and required by it to comply with applicable laws, including without limitation, its anti-money laundering and know your customer compliance programmes.
In addition, every time you visit our website, move from page to page, read pages, or download content onto your computer, we learn which pages are visited and what content is downloaded. However, this is measured only in aggregate and not on an individual basis. When you send us an e-mail or ask us to respond to you by e-mail, we learn your e-mail address and the information that you have included in the email form shown on our website.
In relation to the information we gain when you email us, we may use your e-mail address to acknowledge your comments and/or reply to your questions and we may store your communication and our reply in case we need to correspond at a later date.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to third parties for the purpose of fulfilling legitimate company interests:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If shares in Moneybite or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Moneybite about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- For the purposes of billing, debt collecting credit rating and verification and fraud prevention;
- For the protection of the company's legal position in the event of legal proceedings.
Your personal data shall not be processed for purposes other than those it was collected for; should further processing be required, you will be informed of that purpose and provided with all necessary information.
You shall have the right to object to any of the above-mentioned legitimate company interests as a basis for the processing of personal data and to forward any queries you may have by contacting us on [email protected] If you submit an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can give evidence of mandatory, legitimate reasons for processing, which outweigh your interests, rights, and freedoms, or processing serves the enforcement, exercise, or defence of interests.
You have choices about how Moneybite uses your Personal Information. You always have the right to object to our marketing communications. You can also object to having your Personal Information used to create anonymized and aggregated marketing reports. Please send us an email here [email protected] to exercise these choices.
Moneybite also respects the rights of EEA residents to access, correct and request erasure or restriction of their Personal Information as required by law. Where Moneybite is a data controller, this means:
- You generally have a right to know if Moneybite is storing your Personal Information. If we are, you have the right to request that we provide you with a copy of that Personal Information, or in some cases, provide the information to another data controller. If your information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- You may also ask us to delete or restrict your Personal Information. If we are processing your Personal Information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
To exercise these rights, please contact us via email to [email protected] or write to the Global Privacy Office at the address above and a member of our Privacy Team will assist you. Please understand that we may need to verify your identity before we can process your request.
If Moneybite is processing your Personal Information as a data processor, we will refer you to our client (such as the merchant you may have transacted with) for assistance with these requests. Moneybite supports its clients in responding to requests as required by law.
If you believe that we have processed your Personal Information in violation of applicable law, you may also file a complaint with the Moneybite Data Protection Officer, who can be reached by contacting [email protected], or with a supervisory authority.
Storing your personal data
We do not currently transfer personal data outside of the EEA.
We will process and store your personal data for as long as it is necessary in order to fulfill our contractual, regulatory and statutory obligations. We will assess and respond to requests to delete data. We will delete data provided that the data is no longer required in order to fulfill contractual, regulatory or statutory obligations, or the fulfillment of any obligations to preserve records according to law.
We will normally retain your records for a minimum of five years to comply with legal, regulatory and contractual requirements unless there is a particular reason to hold the records for longer; your personal data may be retained for longer periods in the event of prospective or pending debt collecting, legal or law-enforcement proceedings and until such proceedings are formally and definitively concluded.
You have the right to request access to and a copy of your personal data as processed by us.
Automatic Decision Making
In establishing and carrying out our business relationship, we generally do not make use of fully automated decision making. If we use this procedure in individual cases, we shall inform you of this separately, provided it is a legal requirement.